step up Your Answering Technique to Upper Block Science
Primary 4 Decoding Open Ended Questions Masterclass:
“BUILD YOUR FOUNDATION RIGHT!”
P4 Decoding Open Ended Questions Masterclass: “Build Your Foundation Right” is a premier Primary 4 Answering Technique Workshop led by seasoned PSLE Science Specialist and experienced PSLE Marker Jayce Or, to help students Decode Open Ended Science questions with ease.
Hi, my name is Jayce Or, and I am a PSLE Science Specialist. In my over 20 years of teaching in MOE schools and in tuition centers, I have seen more than a fair share of students and parents who feel discouraged in tackling Primary Science Paper – especially Open Ended Questions, with confidence.
Here are some core frustrations that you may be observing in your child’s papers for some time:
1. Your child cannot seem to answer according to what the question demands.
2. Your child tends to read the question and start writing out the answers immediately.
3. He/She fails to pick out the correct clues in the question.
4. He/She cannot write answers to satisfy the full awarding of marks.
5. He/She falls prey to poor answering techniques, weak representation of concepts and appear to be missing out key scientific vocabulary.
A Systematic Approach to Decoding PSLE Science
Over the years, I have developed the simple and proven PEAK™ Science Heuristics methodology that has helped many students unlock the tools for understanding and process questions at a glance.
This effective and proven heuristic framework equips the child to see clearly what the question demands and how to answer it.
It cuts through hours and hours of ineffective drilling and pounding through assessment books with no good effect.
The heuristic gives each child who learns it THE EDGE to answer science questions strategically and confidently.
This holiday, I am conducting another run of this P4 Science Masterclass “Build Your Foundation Right”. With a specific emphasis on the MOE Primary Science Lower Block curriculum, this masterclass is designed to help students establish the RIGHT fundamentals in approaching Open Ended Questions in Paper 2 of Primary Science.
BUILD YOUR FOUNDATION RIGHT!
B – BUILD the fundamentals in science answering techniques.
U– UNDERSTAND how to formulate scientific answers.
I– INTERESTING experiments and demonstrations to illustrate & explain the types of Open Ended Questions
L– LEARN a proven method of science heuristics to decode ANY science question
D– DECODE the 3 main types of Open Ended Questions seen in every science paper.
In this 4 hour masterclass, the programme outline is as follows:
Part 1: Decoding OPEN ENDED QUESTIONS FUNDAMENTALS
1. Understand the fundamentals in science answering techniques especially how to formulate SCIENTIFIC answers.
2. Learn a systematic method of science heuristics that can help you to decode ANY science question.
3. Be exposed to the Essential question types commonly seen in open ended section of P4 science papers and learn what to expect of them.
4. Train your eye to spot important clues and question requirements in any exam paper.
Part 2: Writing SMART Science Answers
1. Guided and targeted practice on open ended questions classified according to different levels of difficulty.
2. Receive expert feedback on answers and clear explanations on WHY answers can or cannot make the cut!
3. Minimize pitfalls to incomplete answers that will lead to losing marks in the Science paper!
4. Correct conceptual errors to improve on the accuracy of writing answers.
hear what our students and parents have to say…
Your science coach: Teacher Jayce Or
CHECK OUT OUR ONLINE CLASS REVIEWS!
PRIMARY 4 DECODING OPEN ENDED QUESTIONS MASTERCLASS:
“BUILD YOUR FOUNDATION RIGHT!”
8 & 9 June (Wed & Thur)
Time: 1pm – 3pm (2hrs x 2days = Total 4hrs)
Venue: Online via Zoom
*BENEFITS OF OUR ONLINE MASTERCLASS*
2 sessions x 2 hours of live online learning with Teacher Jayce
♦ Real time feedback with “live” classroom interaction and on-spot review of answers
♦ Replay access to online class for 2 weeks
♦ Additional support of queries via email for 2 weeks
Click here for more information on how we conduct our classes online
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Organizer reserves the right to change the venue and timing.
2. Organizer requires a minimum of 6 participants for class to commence.
3. There will be no refund 14 days prior to event.
4. If participant fails to turn up on actual day, there will be no refund or makeup.
5. Payment to be made at the point of booking. Please pay upon registration in this form.
6. Slot can only be confirmed when payment has been made on a first come first served basis.
7. All participants need a confirmation email of payment received from the organizer.
8. In the event that the session is cancelled due to insufficient number of participants, the fees would be refunded.
9. By attending this event, I understand that my child may be photographed during the workshop for marketing purposes. I agree to allow my child’s photo, video or film likeness to be used, without compensation for communication purposes, including, but not limited to the website, social media sites and the press by the event holders.