CALLING ALL p4-P6 PARENTS!
DOES YOUR CHILD FIND TACKLING primary science QUESTIONS CONFUSING?
“I DON’t know how to explain to my child why his answer is wrong.”
“I WONDER IF THERE IS A SYSTEMATIC WAY OF “BREAKING DOWN” or DECODING SCIENCE QUESTIONS.”
“ARE THERE REALLY WAYS TO HELP CHILDREN SEE SCIENCE QUESTIONS DIFFERENTLY & more effectively? “
This is a typical “Explain why…” question that is common in Science Booklet B.
The student’s answer is logical and is not completely wrong.
But what exactly is missing?
“the Workshop that UNLOcKS THE KEYS TO DEMYSTIFYING Primary SCIENCE QUESTIONS”
What if I told you that I have found a powerful way to make PSLE Science easily understandable for your child?
Do you find difficulty in explaining to your child why his answer looks acceptable yet still fails to hit the mark?
Many concerned parents are not aware of what the PSLE Science Paper requires and how to guide their children to nail the right approach to answering open ended questions.
They are clueless on how to help their child craft suitable answers in the examinations.
What exactly are your children missing out in their answers and how do you begin to meaningfully help them to plug that gap?
Why are Students Struggling and Getting It All Wrong?
Hi, my name is Jayce Or, and I am a PSLE Science Specialist. In my over 20 years of teaching in MOE schools and in tuition centers, I have seen more than a fair share of students and parents who feel discouraged in tackling the PSLE Science Paper – especially Open Ended Questions, with confidence.
Here are some core frustrations that you may be observing in your child’s papers for some time:
1. Your child cannot seem to answer according to what the question demands.
2. Your child tends to read the question and start writing out the answers immediately.
3. He/She fails to pick out the correct clues in the question.
4. He/She cannot write answers to satisfy the full awarding of marks.
5. He/She falls prey to poor answering techniques, weak representation of concepts and appear to be missing out key scientific vocabulary.
A Systematic Approach to Decoding PSLE Science
Over the years, I have developed the simple and proven PEAK™ Science Heuristics methodology that has helped many students unlock the tools for understanding and process questions at a glance.
This effective and proven heuristic framework equips the child to see clearly what the question demands and how to answer it.
It cuts through hours and hours of ineffective drilling and pounding through assessment books with no good effect.
The heuristic gives each child who learns it THE EDGE to answer science questions strategically and confidently.
Every year, when I teach it to my students at my Premier Answering Technique Masterclasses* Decoding P6: Answering Open Ended Questions the PSLE Way, Decoding P5: Gear Up In Smart Answering Strategies & Decoding P4: Build Your Foundation Right, many of them easily improve by 1 or 2 grades! *Dates for these Decoding Masterclasses during May/June school holidays will be available soon!
Parent Workshop: Decoding PSLE Science Questions
I will be conducting a Parent Workshop on Decoding PSLE Science Questions to reach out to parents out there who need the additional support in helping their primary child with science revision and to demystify what is required in the PSLE Exam.
As an experienced and seasoned former PSLE Marker, I know how to dissect this and make this all easily understandable to you.
In this workshop, you will see clearly what questions require and feel less intimidated on what is expected in the PSLE Science Exam.
I will share with you this EFFECTIVE and PROVEN framework for PROCESSING and DECODING SCIENCE QUESTIONS.
Here’s what some parents have said after the workshop:
“I like Jayce’s mastery of science exam. He has seen everything!”
~ Mdm Linda Lin
“Yes. Definitely (helpful)… it (this workshop) helps parents understand the components and requirements of the PSLE science exams, breaks down into parts. Where we can understand and to guide our children towards exam preparation. A decoder and “de-mystifier” indeed!”
~ Mdm Yip PW
“The session gives me better understanding on the requirements for science paper to help my child. Not only did it help me to identify my child’s area of weakness, it also provided me the critical steps to help my child tackle the questions. The workshop by Teacher Jayce is easy to follow and is insightful. I’d definitely recommend this to all parents.
~ Mrs Kerine Au
“Mr Jayce Or gave greater details into what and how the students would be tested in PSLE than the session I attended given by the primary school. It was a good experience to attempt the exam questions and learn to understand what the questions were asking and how to answer. I believe after this session, I am better equipped to help my children in their science subject.”
~ Mrs Tay Wee Nee
“Before attending this workshop, I was clueless on how to help my child. Attending this workshop gives the keys to unlocking the 1/2-1 precious marks for tackling Science questions! I learnt about the C-C-E method and how to use superlatives, which were all very helpful!
~ Mrs Lynn Toh
“Teacher Jayce is able to break the concepts down to parts that are easily understood. He takes time to help point us to the essentials of what students need to know and learn for PSLE. Great with kids – patient and believes in them!”
~ Mrs Sharon L
Here Is What You Stand to Benefit from this Parent Workshop:
In this parent workshop, I will share exclusively with you…
- An effective Science Heuristic Framework for unpacking and decoding Science Questions.
- How to diagnose the kind of weakness your child has.
- The 5 Top Errors your child may be making in Answering Open Ended Questions.
- An analysis of 3 Critical Question Types that WILL DEFINITELY appear in every Science paper
- A bonus glimpse into 3 more Higher Order Question Types that will be essential to secure AL1/2!
- Typical blindspots students face in MCQ Booklet A.
- What PSLE markers are looking for in students’ answers for the Open Ended Questions and how my P.E.A.K. Heuristics Methodology can be used to craft answers the PSLE Way.
More about me:
Decoding PSLE SCIENCE QUESTIONS PARENT WORKSHOP 2023
10 APR 2023 (MON)
TIME: 7.30pm – 9.30PM
VENUE: ONLINE VIA ZOOM
*NOTE: AS THIS IS A HIGHLY POPULAR WORKSHOP WITH ONLY 40 SEATS, DO TAKE ACTION FAST TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!
Terms and Conditions
1. This parent workshop is to support parents in guiding their child’s learning. Your child is welcomed to sit in the session with you.
2. Participants should attend the session “live” to reap the full benefits. There will be no replays of this workshop session.
3. Organizer reserves the right to change the venue and timing.
4. Organizer requires a minimum of 6 participants for class to commence.
5. Slot can only be confirmed when payment has been made on a first come first served basis.
6. All participants need a confirmation email of payment received from the organizer.
7. For online event, only one login is allowed for each confirmed signup. We will send you the zoom login details and softcopy handouts 3-5 days before the date.
8. Fees paid are STRICTLY NON-REFUNDABLE unless talk/workshop is cancelled by Organiser. Kindly check to confirm your personal schedule BEFORE signing up for this workshop.
9. If the workshop is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances or if the minimum quorum is not reached, all workshop attendees will be informed via email or whatsapp 3 working days beforehand. Full refund of fees will be made.
♦ Subscribe to our mailing list for free tips and materials from Germinate. Get your free Eguide today!