This page is specially created to address the concerns you might have on our online and hybrid classes.
Read on to find out more!
Germinate FUlly-online vs Hybrid REGULAR classes: what are the differences and SIMILARITIES?
1. Students in both delivery modes will use the same material and curriculum.
2. Students in Fully-Online class will only attend online lessons whereas students in a Hybrid class will alternate between online and onsite lessons till strict social distancing measures are lifted. Students can opt to stay online only in a Hybrid class during this period.
3. Lessons will be adapted accordingly to cater to both sets of students in a Hybrid class.
4. For enrollment confirmed by 13 Dec 2020, Term 1’s hardcopy worksheets will be sent to your address. Kindly update us promptly if there is a change in address as materials will be sent to you from 13 Dec 2020 onwards. Do inform us if you have not received the materials by 27 Dec 2020.
For enrollment after 13 Dec 2020, softcopy worksheets will be provided for your child’s use for the 1st lesson. Materials for the subsequent lessons of the term will be sent out to you. Please note that such arrangement may change depending on the feasibility of providing this service beyond Term 1.
5. Loss/ Replacement of Materials:
We seek parent’s understanding to partner us to ensure students adopt the good practice of taking responsibility for their worksheets, filing them, and ensuring the correct worksheets are brought to class.
We regret to inform that no additional worksheets will be provided in class if your child forgets to bring his/her copy.
As we do not charge a separate material fee on top of our regular fees, do note that any additional request to resend materials due to wrong address provided or loss of material will incur an additional administrative fee of $25.
1. Students attending onsite lessons must submit a compulsory online health declaration form prior to commencing the class. We will administer these health declarations routinely where necessary.
2. Check in via SafeEntry ONLY if the following conditions are met:
- You/your child have not had close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days
- You/your child are not currently under a Quarantine Order or Stay-Home Notice
- You/your child do not have fever or flu-like symptoms
- You/your child agree to the terms and consent to the collection and use of your information for the purpose of COVID-19 contact tracing
Please ensure your child brings a mobile device or student ID to facilitate the check in and out process.
3. Temperature taking will be conducted for all classes.
4. Students who are unwell, have fever, respiratory, sore throat or flu-like symptoms, should NOT come to class. They may join in our hybrid class via online mode. Students who appear in the centre with symptoms or who are unwell will be asked to go home and will not be allowed to enter the premise.
5. If your child is living in the same household as a family member who is unwell, he/she should not be attending his/her onsite lessons for that particular week.
6. Only students are allowed into the centre. Parents are not allowed to enter the center’s premises and are advised to wait for your children outside the centre and observe social distancing guidelines while waiting.
7. Students and Teacher should always keep their masks on at all times and adhere to the minimum social distancing measures.
8. All students must be responsible to sanitize their hands upon entry to the classroom and wipe down their own desk after their lesson. Classes will be staggered to minimise student movement and intermingling and to allow for disinfection.
1. Prior to the first online session, you may choose to:
- For a better viewing experience, we strongly encourage you to use a desktop/ laptop/ tablet.
- Should you encounter any issue, please restart your computer and relaunch the zoom session. You may want to switch to another device and try again.
- If the internet connection appears to be slow, there are many reasons behind it. It could be a problem with your modem or router, Wi-Fi signal, signal strength on your cable line, devices on your network saturating your bandwidth and etc. You may want to switch to another device and try again.
???? When signing in, remember to put down your child’s name for us to take attendance and admit your child promptly.
???? We will take attendance and admit your child to the classroom.
????Note to parents: All students are required to join in with their video so that our Teacher can see them, similar to a class setting. This is to ensure that students remain on task during the lesson.
???? Will other students see or hear each other?
???? Can students ask questions during the session?
???? I just read recent news report about video conferencing tool security issues. I am concerned about zoom security.
1. All Germinate classes have a meeting room password.
2. We also have a waiting room in place for added security. This means that the teacher will allow students into the Zoom meeting at any point of time. Anyone who is not a student, and tries to enter the room will not be able to do so.
3. The teacher is the only one who can share screen in all classes.
4. We have also disabled the ability to share files and images from participants other than the teacher.
5. Students are also not able to share messages privately in their own chats except to the teacher.
We thank you for entrusting your child into our care. We do not take this responsibility lightly, and we are on the lookout for alternative video conferencing tool to assess if they can be a good fit for our classroom needs.
In the meantime, we will continue to take the necessary measures to ensure that your child is able to continue learning in a safe online environment.